WAPI Membership and Benefits
The professionals choice
As a Professional Investigator you have a responsible role to perform in society as well as gaining due reward from a worthwhile career. But are you getting the maximum benefits available from membership of any one of the various bodies which represent the industry?
Indeed, are you aware of the many benefits and facilities which are offered by the World Association of Professional Investigators (WAPI), the premier trade association for investigators world-wide?
Membership of WAPI, is not just a question of paying an annual subscription for the right to attach a logo to your letter-heads. Membership of WAPI means so much more for the investigators who join our ranks.
The opportunity to show to prospective clients, if you are in any country that still does not have licensing as a legal requirement, that you are not only answerable to them as your client but that you belong to a trade association with values and ethics.
- An internationally recognised association of professionals can do far more than the individual to influence Governments, organisations and public opinion in building and upholding the image of the profession, framing legal structures, protecting rights and boosting the confidence of potential clients in receiving the very highest standards of service.
- News Items providing a forum for news, opinions and reviews, reporting news items from around the world of investigation issues and news, covering topics such as the latest books, equipment and investigative methods, plus regular learned articles by experts in related fields.
- An on-line directory of members and services will provide all the information and contacts to enable the Professional Investigator to make full use of the Association’s resources, fellow members and their services.
- Members have the opportunity through WAPI to network internationally. This is particularly useful for assignments abroad where local knowledge is vital.
- A certificate of membership will be issued to each member.
- Inter-agency assignment opportunities and support.
- Direct contact with ISS Training Limited who provide training and qualification services to WAPI Members as well as the wider non-aligned sector.
- Representation to the media to promote and project a professional image for our industry.
- The Association provides a useful Arbitration Service to resolve disputes which may arise between members.
- Meetings and Seminars offering the chance to learn and enhance skill sets. networking opportunities and providing social and business contact with talks on investigative topics.
- Availability for publication of the WAPI logo and other items.
- A professionally produced photo membership ID card.
- This outline provides just a flavour of the advantages of WAPI membership and a convincing answer to why joining the Association is not only desirable, it is a necessary adjunct for the serious Investigator who means business.
- WAPI Membership Refund/Cancellation Policy (click here)
- WAPI – Complaints Procedures (click here)
- WAPI Constitution (click here)
Our profession is investigation. If our business is your business, then it makes good professional sense to join the premier investigative body for premier investigators.
One Time Application Fee – £50.00 (Non Refundable)
Full Membership – £100.00 per annum
Open to those who:
- have gained a sector related or industry relevant, officially recognised qualification, or
- have at least three years’ experience in professional practice, or
- hold an investigators license in their home country/state or
- are nominated and elected by the Association’s Governing Council.
Associate Membership – £75.00 per annum
Open to those who:
- have gained a Certificate of Achievement in Investigation from a recognised organisation, or
- are training to become investigators in a professional practice.
Corporate Membership – £250.00 per annum
- For limited companies. Must have at least one principal who:
has gained a sector related or industry relevant, officially recognised qualification, or
- has at least three years’ experience in professional practice, or
- holds an investigators license in their home country/state, or
- has been nominated and elected by the Association’s Governing Council and/ or one Director who is a full member of WAPI.
Fellow of the Association – £125.00 per annum
Open to those who:
- have gained a higher level sector related or industry relevant officially recognised qualification or sector related professional degree, or
- have at least ten year’s experience in professional practice, or
- in the discretionary view of the Governing Council of WAPI have made an outstanding contribution to the profession and/or the Association.
Affiliate Membership – £150.00 per annum
For those who work in a complementary profession such as law, research, forensic science, etc. and take an active interest in investigation.