Who are WAPI?
The World Association of Professional Investigators (WAPI) is a professional body formed by professionals, for professionals practising in all areas of investigation. WAPI meets the need for a worldwide organisation which can provide a focal point for investigators. WAPI promotes the investigative profession internationally and provides networking opportunities through which members can exchange ideas, knowledge, methods, advice, education and working assignments. Whilst adhering to a strict Code of Ethics.
What are the aims and objectives of WAPI?
The Association’s aims and objectives are to:
- Promote and uphold the image and status of investigation as an international profession.
- Provide educational facilities and resources through associated organisations leading to internationally recognised professional, academic and vocational qualifications.
- Publish and abide by a strict Code of Ethics.
- Present a unified ‘voice’ for the Profession.
- Provide an arbitration service to resolve disputes between members.
- Provide an arbitration service between members and non-members.
Historic Industry Affiliations
The Joint Security Industry Council – (United Kingdom)
The Joint Security Industry Council (JSIC) was the umbrella organisation for a broad group of security associations, inspectorates and organisations. JSIC helped to co-ordinate representations from the industry in discussions with Government and the police on security industry matters, and facilitated the process of distributing information from these discussions and other sources back to the industry prior to, and after the Bill (PSIA 2001) became law.
The Investigation Sector Group– (England & Wales)
The ISG was formed from all the Representative Associations and eGroups with the objective of co-ordination of discussion and debate on the Private Security Industry Act, and to represent the interests of ALL practicing investigators in England and Wales on licensing issues following the enactment of the PSI Act. These activities included:
- email discussion group
- Seminars and Conferences
- Web site
- Sector Group meetings
The WAPI E-Group
The WAPI E-Group is one of the largest Investigator E-Group’s in Europe for approved members to communicate ideas, opinions and promote Inter-Agency relationships.